Started On: 01/03/08
Last Activity: 01/04/08
Comments: 3 comments

Participants

Starbuck created by: Starbuck

Front Row Of Your Life

Everyone Can't Be in Your Front Row

It’s said life is a theatre - invite your audience

carefully. Not everyone is whole enough and healthy enough to have a front row seat in our

lives. There are some people in your life that need to be loved from a distance. 

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you let go, or at least minimize your time with draining, negative, incompatible, not-going anywhere relationships /friendships /fellowships. 

Observe the relationships around you. Pay attention to: Which ones lift, which ones lean? Which ones encourage and which ones

discourage? Which ones are on a path of growth uphill and which ones are going downhill? 

When you leave certain people, do you feel better or feel worse? Which ones always have drama or don't really understand, know and appreciate you and the gift that lies within you? 

The more you seek things honorable, the more you seek growth, peace of mind, Love and truth around you, the easier it will become for you to decide who gets to sit in the front row and who should be moved to the balcony of your life. 

You cannot change the people around you, but you can change the people you are around. 

Ask for wisdom and discernment and choose wisely the people who sit in the front row of your life.

Comments

taedi

taedi

Fri, Jan 04 12:00 AM

Another thankyou to Starbuck :-) - added: Fri, Jan 04 12:00 AM

Hello

I didn't read this post before now, I was coming to terms with Starbuck's departure as our mod.

Both posts in this topic offer a lot of wisdom for me personally.  Starbuck, I have moved some ppl to the balcony (or the street lol) and have met and made some firm girl friends who are at least inner circle material.  Front row is my sister, BIL, my dog daughters and dog nieces, and my niece and her daughter -  ppl/dogs who matter enormously to me.

Ed, I entirely concur. I find the post structure at TTL is not user friendly - eg if one could sort for new group posts that would be awesome.  

Regardless, for us to keep up with our own TTL tasks, check in with our AP, and cruise by the group posts, well it takes all of the time I can give!   I too have an AP and we check in regularly with each other, I'll also made some (I hope) friends, but neither can I even hope to know, liaise with and acknowledge 25 other group members.  Perhaps this very issue is what Starbuck identifies as an issue?

Regardless I wish Tony only the best of the best!  And I hope our group will continue to thrive.

taedi (Allison) 

Starbuck

Starbuck

Fri, Jan 04 12:00 AM # View Full Thread (0) # Comment (0)

Good for you! - added: Fri, Jan 04 12:00 AM

Sweet Allison ("sis"),

Good for you. Move them way up to the nose-bleed seats!

With members like you, OF COURSE the AP group will thrive.

You wish me the best? Why? Where am I going? Just becuase I'm not Moderating (Someone PLEASE relieve me!), does not mean that I'm not going to stay on top of you, and you on top of me. (Oh, oh. That didn't write so well. Wait until Babble sees this post. She's going to have a field day with what I said). You know what I mean.

You are so right, it is very hard cruising the posts. As you know, the TOOLS home office is working on a remedy.

Kindest regrads,

much success,

Tony

PS- I received your email to APWinnersTeam@gmail I will respond (in full of course, soon).

tollesonjr

tollesonjr

Thu, Jan 03 12:00 AM

This is so true - added: Thu, Jan 03 12:00 AM

I find spreading myself self too thin hurts me.

I try to be everybodies friend only to not have the time to devote to anyone well enough to get know them and build bonds. I am learning the need to let go.

While I love this group and have found both friends and accountability partners. I have found that I cannot commit here fully and have everyone here on my friends list. Not because I do not like everyone or do not care. I simply do not have time to note and read everyone and it frustrates me when a a page says all for me only or has no entries to read. openness has its benefits. You can share your life and not have to share every detail. I personally like to share my life with others but also like just a little of back in return.

Enough said to say, "I agree" and really did not misread what you wrote just replied from the perspective I felt I needed to answer for myself (introspectively) from what you wrote. 

Thanks Starbucks for what you are doing here. Ed 

Starbuck

Starbuck

Fri, Jan 04 12:00 AM # View Full Thread (0) # Comment (0)

I understand - added: Fri, Jan 04 12:00 AM

Ed,

Thanks for your powerful post. I, like Taedi agree. I sent an email this morning to Freez0r regarding this very thing. I wrote how discerning it was for me, and how hurtful it must have been for him to have posted of seeking an AP, and getting ONE response (me).

I like you, and a couple of others, wanted this group to be so much more than other groups on TOOLS. I wanted (still do) it to be powerful; to be passionate. A place to REALLY be honest, share TRUTHS, hold ourselves accountable, and GROW. A case-in-point. There is a TOOLS group that has TWO-HUNDRED members! The intro reads that, folks can come & go as they please. Post what you feel like posting, etc., etc. It made me laugh when I saw it. I guess many folks came here to "play". I came here to WORK to DISCOVER. I'll do my 'playing' in my sandbox.

You know what though? It's members like you, like Taedi, like Dabble, like Oceanheart that will make this group POWERFUL.

Side note: Keep an eye out for Freez0r. He's just about ready to come out of the shoot and explode in this group! I believe you're in for some stimulating times with him. We'll see if I'm correct?

I appreciate it Ed but really, no need to thank me. I thank YOU. Without you and others there wouldn't be a group.

KEEP POSTING, AND KEEP SHARING! Leave the playing to the children.

Promise me this: If we ever have an opportunity to meet in person, you must wear your tuxedo. You look smashing!

Kindest regards,

much success,

Tony