Join Now CLEARING CLUTTER: Clutter Is Growing
Thread Statistics

Started On: 08/12/07
Last Activity: 08/12/07
Comments: 2 comments

Participants

Bunchee created by: Bunchee

Clutter Is Growing

I have done some clutter clearing and though it may not be daily, it is almost daily.  That's a good change for me.  

Yet, I am a confused because the clutter is still growing in volume.  This sure feels like climbing quicksand.  I feel discouraged.  Cry Has anyone else felt this?  What have you done to break this seemingly spiral of not progressing?   

I am guessing there are some subconscious habits I may have that keep creating the clutter because I am unaware of how it grows.  I thought the short-time but  'very regular' decluttering  would shrink it.  

I am also wondering if others have discovered their own subconscious reasons   for clutter.  Mine is has grown to every room and the shame along with it. 

I would love to hear others comments and experiences in these areas (or any area).   

Comments

Starling

Starling

Sun, Aug 12 12:00 AM

Clutter, clutter - added: Sun, Aug 12 12:00 AM

Try picking one room, or even one surface in one room, and keeping that one area clear. Right now for me that one surface is the dining room table.

My life has changed, so the mess that used to live on the dining room table already is not there anymore, but I still sometimes make a mess there anyway.

I also use the "put the keys away" technique to put my purse away. It now has a home of its own, and that home is NOT the dining room table.

I know I need to choose a second surface and work on that one too.

Starling

Bunchee

Bunchee

Sun, Aug 12 12:00 AM # View Full Thread (0) # Comment (0)

Thanks Starling - added: Sun, Aug 12 12:00 AM

Yes!  I also have a 'home' for my keys and purse.   It is very nice to NOT have to take the time to look for them!!   That is a great idea to share!!

I will find one surface to clear as my top priority for tomorrow....  and keep it cleared. 

Can't do one room yet.  That would take a looooong time! 

I do think I could find a second surface in the future, also.   I know you can find a second one before I do.  Throwing you a challenge!

Thanks Starling!!!  Smile

lesliejean

lesliejean

Sun, Aug 12 12:00 AM

Clutter - added: Sun, Aug 12 12:00 AM

I have been trying to relegate clutter to one of two areas, one which is cleaned and sorted weekly, and the other monthly.....not that I always succeed, but, it seems a worthy goal!!

Good luck!

Leslie

lesliejean

lesliejean

Sun, Aug 12 12:00 AM # View Full Thread (1) # Comment (1)

clutter - added: Sun, Aug 12 12:00 AM

Well, use the areas that you have now for clutter, and pile all the clutter into 2-3 places, and then deal with it from there.

Have you signed up for flylady.net?  I have found her to be so helpful; it is her theory that you can do anything for 15 minutes, and that includes de-cluttering---not that you will get it done in that time, but in that time, you will make a beginning, and can do another 15 minutes later or the next day, so there is some steady progress being made.

I highly recommend her site!

Best wishes to you.

Leslie

Bunchee

Bunchee

Thank You! - added: Sun, Aug 12 12:00 AM

I haven't joined Flylady yet but I am doing the same think - only 10 minutes.  That is why I am puzzled that it isn't shrinking?

I can and will make an area that is 'clear' and keep it clear.  

Thank you very much, lesliejean for your suggestion!Laughing

Good luck to you too!! 

Bunchee

Bunchee

Great Idea - added: Sun, Aug 12 12:00 AM

That is a very good idea, but sadly, and shamefully I admit that I have no more areas. 

Embarassed  This is very difficult to admit.